Considering Blue or Gold Rams???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCarnes

Aquarium Advice Regular
I currently have a 55 gallon planted aquarium that has been set up for about a month. I tested it yesterday and it is fully cycled (added 4ppm ammonia then 24 hours later ammonia and nitrites are 0, nitrates are 40). I am going to do a large water change and then add my fish from another aquarium. It will be stocked with:

8 priscella tetras
10 neon tetras
5 sharpae tetras
5 scissortail rasboras
6 peppered cory cats

Once it is established I want to add a feature fish (I also plan on adding Otos once established for awhile). I was at my lfs today and they had both blue and gold rams. I am wondering how they would get along with everyone? Can you mix the two color variations? And how many could I safely put in the tank?

I am concerned that I am loading too many bottom/middle level fish. Maybe I should look into some community guoramis instead?

I have attached a picture of the tank so you can assess hiding places.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1391966183098.jpg
    1391966183098.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 62
You should probably wait a couple months on the rams, they prefer a well established tank. Also the blues and golds are going to be even more delicate than the Bolivians or Germans.

I plan on waiting a few months to get both the rams and the otos, just wondering about their behavior and if you have to stay in the same color variation for them to get along.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I plan on waiting a few months to get both the rams and the otos, just wondering about their behavior and if you have to stay in the same color variation for them to get along. Sent from my LG-LS970 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
my personal opinion... Stick with Germans or Bolivians, the color morphs can be tricky, I had a pair if EBR's, a month later I didn't.. Not saying they cannot be kept happy and healthy.. I'm not sure though on mixing. Some one will have more experience and know for sure though.. Otos especially need a well matured tank as they feed on the bio film that coats everything with in..

Back
Top Bottom