Considering buying anubias plant attached to a lava rock.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBailey0625

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone, I was considering an anubias plant in my aquarium. They had one connected to a lava rock at my local petco for sale. My aquarium is new just started fish in cycling and wanted to know is this something good to have in my tank, and how to properly care for it. And also would it be best to add it during cycling or after. Thanks

Sure! You can add it any time. Plants are good for your water. They help absorb nitrates. You might want to check it for snails before adding it. Google plant dip for snails, if you want to find out what you can dip it in to kill any snails hidden on it. Snails aren't a big deal if they get in your tank. But they can get out of control. Just be sure that any fish in with the plant at the store look healthy. Some diseases can travel on plants. Good luck!

Do you know anything about the dwarf lily hybrids(ulvaceus)??? I seened they had the buds for sale at walmart. Would you also recommend these?

BBailey0625 said:
Do you know anything about the dwarf lily hybrids(ulvaceus)??? I seened they had the buds for sale at walmart. Would you also recommend these?

I wouldn't recommend the bulbs.. sometime 2or 3 will sprout and the rest rot :/

also plants are fantastic! but will die with out proper lighting

Back
Top Bottom