Considering RedSea 130D As FOWLER Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boulder

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all ... new member from Arkansas here :D.

After a 10 year absence from the hobby, I am looking at starting a FOWLER tank as a joint hobby with my 12 year old son - so over the last month or so we have been reading and researching.

So my first question for the forum gurus is what are thoughts / opinions / experiences with the RedSea MAX 130D system?

Red Sea MAX130D | New from Red Sea

Moved to General Hardware and equipment discussion forum.

It looks OK to me. I`ve never seen one before but from what it says it looks OK.Remember that you`ll fill a smaller tank like that up pretty quick and you`ll wish you had a bigger tank. Just thinking out loud.

Thank you for your opinion Mike.

I am gonna visit my two local LFS this weekend and see what they have available in the 30-60 gallon range. My initial concern with the Red Sea MAX130D is that it is a self-contained system so I am wondering if a component fails, how hard is it going to be to service / replace.

That is a nice system. Our local reef club gave one away as a raffle prize in February and it seems to be one of the better all in ones that I've looked at. That said... I don't like the all in ones for the exact reason you point out. It's difficult or impossible to replace parts or upgrade.

For what it worth, I've had a RSM 130 (not the "D" version). I haven't had any issues with replacement parts yet. Although I haven't needed a replacement circulation pump, I've noticed them on a few online web stores. If I had it to do over again, the only thing that I would have changed is the size. Of course RSM didn't make the large version when I bought it. Please feel free ask me anything else about the RSM 130.

Thanks everyone. I checked with my local LFS and they didn't have much of a selection in my range, so I am thinking my best bet is to find an online source to order a 130D.

Can anyone suggest a reputable online source?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom