converting to ciclid tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dwarflionfishlover said:
even south American cichlids have amazing colors. jack dempseys (especially the electric blues) and discus are probably the most colorful of all the SA cichlids

Indeed!

I have a real pretty peacock but I hear that they don't fare well with my others but I don't want give up anymore fish!

How much filtration for 55G African? Africans are amazing if you go with them!! Nice JD^! SA isn't bad I got jack Dempsey and he look exactly like his^^ Africans are just more ... Colorfulish. I would pick from a lake if you went with Africans much easier.

i have a african cichlid aquarium and i have always had hob filters. i just ordered an aqua clear 50 to go with my aquaeon. so once i get i will have 309 gph, and i will filter my tank 7.5 times per hour:)

I have two HOBs on my 65, both are spec'd for over the size of my tank. I just wanted more filtration.

Plants will work...
img_1830418_0_955aba9a652f80e3a0660acafb51db66.jpg

well after trying to convince my mom and dad they both said no. your fish are fine dont get rid of them..:(

Go African malawi to be specific the colours are great just look at my male red emperess

image-2334560442.jpg

daniel1987 said:
Go African malawi to be specific the colours are great just look at my male red emperess

Gorgeous! I have a juvenile red empress of unknown gender, now I'm excited!

Mlani said:
What ever you decide, just don't mix Africans with the other types of cichlids. That's a lesson I recently learned myself. *hides face*

I have jewel cichlids and clown loachs with my africans. I have no aggresion problems :)

Thanks I'm lucky enough to have a breeding pair I can't wait to see what there fry come out like :)

daniel1987 said:
Thanks I'm lucky enough to have a breeding pair I can't wait to see what there fry come out like :)

that's more than lucky lol

Back
Top Bottom