Convict?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishie

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is he a convict cichlid?

Attachments

• image-4111023193.jpg
    image-4111023193.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 99
  • image-601710512.jpg
    image-601710512.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 109
Another pic hope its better

Attachments

• image-3936913731.jpg
    image-3936913731.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 97
Your welcome. Glad to help. It wasnt a very good pic.
So. Do you think you may have an acara? I wasn't quite sure cuz neither pic did either fish justice.

Cichlid Kid said:
Your welcome. Glad to help. It wasnt a very good pic.
So. Do you think you may have an acara? I wasn't quite sure cuz neither pic did either fish justice.

I don't know it could be do you have pic of your convict juvenile? He was labeled as convict but doesn't look right:/

Neither of those fish look anything like a blue acara, or even a New World cichlid. This is a blue acara.
Blue Acara (Andinoacara pulcher) - Seriously Fish

Both fish in the photos look like African cichlids, and I'm guessing some kind of peacock (Aulonocara). Cichlid kid's fish, I am much less sure of, but it is still definitely an African cichlid of some kind IMO. Neither fish is a frontosa, for sure.

My lites r out rite now but I'll post a pic of one of my juvie cons in the morning. Both the acara and con are in the same grow out tank.

Last edited:
Thanks you all! Now at least I know it's not a convict even though I want 2 so bad!!

Fishfanatic16 said:
So do u plan on getting some convict

Yes I been wanting some FOREVER!! Just saw them and bought them but it didn't look like the pics I see everywhere.

Fishfanatic16 said:
U will really enjoy them and if u get a pair they will make you tons of babies they are considered one the easiest fish to breed. Do u know how to sex them?

I heard a lot of things but no not really. I also want to breed them! (of course!)

Back
Top Bottom