Convicts new pair trouble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vwgolf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi got two convicts yesterday breeding pair full grown have them in 29gal. For now .
Question is theale is a jerk he wont let her eat so he chases her to top of tank corner then after sometime she comes down and they seem fine she wants to breed and he chases her agian then he is fine then not so stupid spouse abuse!! Will they stop at some point can she eat ??? Took male out she seems fine and eats but hes sitting in 5 gal. Bucket right now do I put him back?? Thanks !!

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It may stop but you really need a bigger tank 40 breeder would be the minimum I would do. 30 gallon is recommended for a single adult convict. Make sure you have areas for her to hide away from his territory or she may be dead tomorrow.

How big is the male 5"-6"
How do you know she wants to breed if they just got in the tank yesterday?

It may stop but you really need a bigger tank 40 breeder would be the minimum I would do. 30 gallon is recommended for a single adult convict. Make sure you have areas for her to hide away from his territory or she may be dead tomorrow.

How big is the male 5"-6"
How do you know she wants to breed if they just got in the tank yesterday?

Covered it very well !!!

Is this the same tank with the two upside down cats, as well as first time convict owner from Jan 7 post ?

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Yes had small girl convict ran across this pair so I put the two upside down cats a nd her in another tank .
And I lnow because of her actions towards the male and her colors get super dark her face .I mean they act right then the male gets pissy and chases her to top corner of tank.and wont let her eat .

Yes had small girl convict ran across this pair so I put the two upside down cats a nd her in another tank .
And I lnow because of her actions towards the male and her colors get super dark her face .I mean they act right then the male gets pissy and chases her to top corner of tank.and wont let her eat .

This color means this is my territory or she is feeling threatened. When ready to breed her oranges as well as the the color in her fins will get brighter with color. She will also display and shimmer for him. How are they doing today? Hope all is ok.

What is the size of the male?

The male is 6" she is about 3 1/2 " the aggression continued so had to sperate them tank too small I geuss or he feel out of love .idk sucked but im happy with the outcome now just have one female full grown convict in 29 gal all alone with some track snails .
Shes doing great what a crazy fish .

GWEN

Attachments

• 1421668565023.jpg
    1421668565023.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 73
you are probably better off females are prettier and pairs breed so often you quickly get over run with babies and they are hard to get rid of since they are so common.

Back
Top Bottom