Convicts!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those are really tough. They are definitely juvies. Not even showing much red. You might have to wait a little longer to sex them. Too bad you're not here in CO, I've got sexed ones I'm getting rid of *Laughs*

Be sure to give them good foods along with their staple food like frozen beefheart, frozen blood worms, frozen krill or plankton. That will help color them up and give them lots of protein.

It takes some time. Believe it or not, they aren't the fastest growing/maturing of fish. My pair were almost 3 before they spawned.

I think my convicts were about 1 1/2 years when they finally started.

My JDs are going on 5 and still haven't spawned.

My rams are 6 months and just spawned

My angels were a year old then spawned.

Cichlids are an interesting species for sure. :)

#1 looks like a female. I swear I see the pinkish/goldish patch. It's small, but I think so.

#2 I almost thought was the same fish from #1 because of the stripe pattern until I saw the 4th stripe from the tail :), but unable to determine sex

3# I'm leaning towards male, I don't see pinkish, but can you get a better, clearer shot?

Yeah, I'm leaning towards male, but still hard to be sure.

And yes, they are quick little devils.

Try catching inch sized fry in a 115g tank, insanity I tell you :)

So I think I may be like u guys soon trying to get fry out of my 75 bc 2 of my cons r guarding a corner of my fake driftwood. Does this mean they will breed?? I've heard they breed easily...

Fish4bass8 said:
I have 3 cons and I was wondering when the females start getting the orange on their bellies and when the males get the longer fins???

My female that I've had for about 8 months has yet to receive her orange spots

Back
Top Bottom