Cool fish for a 40 gallon breeder tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blakskall

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want a really nice centerpiece for my living room i have a 40gal. breeder tank with a stand, any suggestions on fish?

Kribs, blue rams, bolivian rams, etc. I think any of those (in a pair) would give you a nice centerpiece and plenty of action! :)

Rams make fantastic centerpiece fish. You just have to make sure to get good stock, acclimate them properly, and keep the water quality in good shape.

would it be big enough for some cool african chiclids?

No a cichlid tank needs to be quite big unless housing some of the smaller species like shell dweller cichlid. Also Kribensis make a great addition, maybe even a nice school of rainbows or a few angels.

rainbows are very nice, what about a single oscar, theres a nice tiger oscar at petco that would look good in my tank, do u think i cood get away with it with a 40 gal tank?

nope... oscars get far too large... and are pretty much the only fish you can have in a 75g... a pair in a larger tank.

Are you planning on planting this tank? I have to say, 40 breeders just look amazing when planted. I stare at mine all day.

I think what meegosh suggested, or even apistogramas would look very nice. Triple Red Apistos are beautiful fish.

Back
Top Bottom