Coral frags.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jack22

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just bought a coral frag from my LFS. This is my first coral. I feel dumb because I don't even remember what kind of coral the guy said it was. It came attached to a small rock disc and plug. Should I leave it attached to the plug or should I pull it off and stick it to the LR in my tank? do I use a marine glue to stick it on or will it attach itself? For now I have left it attached and wedged it in between two rocks. Can anyone tell me what kind of coral it is? Hopefully you can see it in the pic it's kind of small. Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• image-1389196800.jpg
    image-1389196800.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 67
Hard to tell, but it looks like it may be some type of SPS. Usually not a good starter coral. It's fine to leave it just like you have it now.

It's hard to tell from my computer screen here at work, looks nice though. Not bad for a first coral! I am not sure on what to do though as far as removing it and using glue to the rock. Someone else I'm sure will chime in and answer this question I was curious about as well.

Sniperhank said:
What kind of lighting do you have? It looks like you have an sps coral, possibly an acropora. They require lots of light, 6 to 8 bulbs from t5ho units.

I have a 6 bulb T5 with lunar LEDs.

Back
Top Bottom