Coral ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uncwalley

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Coral ID and help

I managed to get a tag along coral that was growing for the past several weeks, but has since taken a turn for the worse I think. First, I'm not sure what it is. Here is a picture, though not very good. It used to have lots of short tentacles around the edges, but for the most part those are gone and don't come out like they used to. Second, how do I take care of this little guy so that he might become a big guy. I don't have any grand designs of having a coral reef in my living room, but since I have this one, I'd like it to have a good life. Thanks.

Looks almost like some sort of mushroom coral that has closed up. It might not be a coral at all. Hard for me to tell, any chances of a better pic?

I recently got this on a setup that I bought a couple months ago. It had been growing well, but has since taken a turn for the worse. It used to have short thin tentacles around the edges but those don't show up anymore. What is it?

Very blurry, but it does look like a shroom of some sort. In general, low to medium light and current is all they need.

Back
Top Bottom