Coral in trouble!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blackandwhite

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all. My little platy Coral is sick and I don't know what's wrong. She has been very reclusive the past week. At first I thought maybe she's pregnant and is trying to get that going but then I noticed that she would not eat. She took to hiding away at the top corner of the tank behind the power head and I could barely see her. After a couple of days my swordtail started keeping her company, although he will rush out to have food.

I finally transferred both of them to my quarantine tank last night and now that I can actually see her, Coral seems to have a white patch on her right gill and cheek. Any my swordtail seems to have the same white stuff around his mouth. I don't know what it is. I am very inexperienced. But I have checked and rechecked my water and my parameters are great. My temperature is good. All the fish in my tank are friendly (roseline sharks are the most aggressive that I have). I have been dosing them with melafix but I don't really see any improvement.

Since being in the hospital tank I really don't see any improvement. She's just now hunkering down at the bottom next to the heater instead of at the top. Swordtail still eats well, but Coral is just shrinking away. :...(

Please help. Any advice is appreciated.

IMG_9279.jpg

Appears to be a fungal infection from what I just read. I'm not very good at identifying diseases, but would treat with something to treat those, unless someone has a more certain diagnosis.

What size tank? What kind and how many fish? Usually brought on by stress, so best to give clean water and remove cause of stress.

Appears to be a fungal infection from what I just read. I'm not very good at identifying diseases, but would treat with something to treat those, unless someone has a more certain diagnosis.

What size tank? What kind and how many fish? Usually brought on by stress, so best to give clean water and remove cause of stress.

Right now she's in a 10 gallon quarantine tank. My main tank is a 90 gallon with 40 small fish. I have mostly tetras, some otos and roseline shark.

Back
Top Bottom