Coral name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lshann14

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have this green coral in my tank and I'm not sure what it is
Thanks

Attachments

• image-3131838056.jpg
    image-3131838056.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 227
Sadly, with flower pots...once they have any small injury it is a death sentence. They don't do well in aquariums, the theory is that we run our tanks too clean for them but that hasn't been proven.

Looks sad I don't know what it's called but I have one.

image-318321424.jpg

His arm get realy long when the fish leave him alone

When I first got mine it's arms extended about 8 inches and now I have this weird worm/centipede thingy In my tank that like to eat it. I just can't catch it

Can you get a pic of the thing eating it I woke up the out her morning to find my flower pot bald on top then I pulled thud from a rock near it

image-4277459706.jpg

It was as fat as my fingers

Attachments

• image-3772138517.jpg
    image-3772138517.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 128
It's a Carribean fireworm and I killed it the other day. It had a nice feast on my flowerpot :(

Do you know if there is one... If there would be more than one?

Attachments

• image-2137106147.jpg
    image-2137106147.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 137
That bristle worm in the picture there doesn't eat healthy coral. It's probably declining, and the worm is just cleaning up the mess.

That's weird because the coral I had was completely healthy and I watched worm go on the coral and eat it

Really? It would have taken that worm many hours, perhaps even days to eat that much coral. So, you saw the worm travel to it, and then eat all of that before stopping it?

No. Every morning I would wake up and he would be on it eating it from the day I got the coral and it was like that for weeks

I was just looking for the bristle worm when I found the bobbit worm. You may have a bobbit to hope not.

Yes, THAT worm above will eat healthy coral.
So, you saw the worm in question eating the coral, and it retracted very fast into the rock when it sensed you? If so, this was not a common bristle worm, because they are much slower than that.

I would watch which rock it retracts into and remove it. Put the rock in fresh water for a few minutes maybe.

Back
Top Bottom