Coral Placement Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I placed my torch coral above my Frogspawn coral. Will this be a problem? The frogspawn doesnt look so happy....

apb28o.jpg

+1 keep different species of LPS a good amount apart. Also take growth and future branching into consideration.

+1 keep different species of LPS a good amount apart. Also take growth and future branching into consideration.

Grrr I'll have to move them then. They are epoxied in the hole so I have some work to do...

You can just keep it there. After you cut through it, the epoxy should come off with your fingers. You can use bone cutters if you want to remove it.

Also I believe both the frogspawn and torch like to be at the bottom of the tank!

Also I believe both the frogspawn and torch like to be at the bottom of the tank!

Depends on the lights used. They can be light acclimated to be placed anywhere in the tank providing the lights don't burn them out before they get to the top etc.

Depends on the lights used. They can be light acclimated to be placed anywhere in the tank providing the lights don't burn them out before they get to the top etc.

+1 cause the torch was pink and I put them under 3watt Leds and it turned snow white. I fed it Brine and Mysis and it slowly colored back up. Same goes for the Frogspawn. It turned transparent and wouldnt open fully, then after feeding and adding calcium it looked great.

Back
Top Bottom