Coral recomendations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karlos69

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi wanted to know a good coral that would need to be fed mysis shrimp etc for a stock lighting biocube 14 really want something that requires more care than a zoa or polyp etc.

If you want a coral to feed look into sun coral (Tubastrea). They don't need light so you have to feed them. They are really beautiful coral though and look incredible when they open up.

If you feed enough to keep a sun coral alive in a 14 gallon you will pollute the water in no time. Less feeding means higher water quality. If you really want something extra go for something like an LPS that you could hand feed (don't broadcast feed the whole tank). I fed pellets right to my frogspawn, acans, and Symphyllia. Many mushrooms will take them too.

it's got a mouth in the center of each head. any LPS should work for you. bubble coral, acans, favia, euphyllia (torch, hammer, frogspawn), tracyphyllia, duncans, candycanes, chalices, lobophyllia....you have many choices.

My frogspawn was one of my favorites in the tank, and grew very well.

duncans are really cool too. i also like dendrophyllia. beautiful and barely need any light. check out "pearl bubble" coral. these are very cool.

Ya those are both cool looking my lfs has both those frags for sale. The acans look cool too he has so many frags for sale gonna be hard to pick a few i need to get a bigger tank already lol

Fishguy2727 said:
If you feed enough to keep a sun coral alive in a 14 gallon you will pollute the water in no time. Less feeding means higher water quality. If you really want something extra go for something like an LPS that you could hand feed (don't broadcast feed the whole tank). I fed pellets right to my frogspawn, acans, and Symphyllia. Many mushrooms will take them too.

So i got a frog spawn today looks cool only 10$ for the frag too acans were 50$ expensive little buggers.

Attachments

• image-1805514857.jpg
    image-1805514857.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 72
  • image-4275219239.jpg
    image-4275219239.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 80
quite the elaborate frag plug. im guessing it just got put in? because in those pictures it doesnt look too happy

Back
Top Bottom