coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

New2Salt

Aquarium Advice Freak
On our green finger coral we purchased we noticed this was also on the rock it almost looks like a little it's from the Faviidae family if so will it get bigger and since it's so close to the Green finger are we going to have problems?

Thanks!

Yep, looks like a Favia sp, (pineapple coral) hitchhiker to me. (y)

if so will it get bigger

Probably provided it gets enough light under the finger leather.

since it's so close to the Green finger are we going to have problems?

I doubt it will be any problem...if the leather feels threatened you can expect some chemical warfare in the tank, good idea to have your skimmer working, do reg water changes and run GAC a few days per month.

run GAC a few days per month.

Ok, I know what a GMAC is but ya got me with the GAC thing, boy more homework to do :)

Cool about the pineapple!! It seems to be getting good light, we had to move the leather because it just kept slumping over, we ended up putting in on the sand, it's really on the rock weird so if we set it on the rocks it gets a bit top heavy I think so we ended up putting it on the sand and it seems to have perked up and the clown keeps rubbing his nose in it too. Thanks for the help!

With our current set up, we don't have any place to run GAC. We don't have any filtration going..and with our HOB refug, we have no room on the back to put any mechanical filtration.

Do we just get some cheap intank filter for the GAC to run it?

Back
Top Bottom