Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Silam1984

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi got my first coral last week and was wondering if I can remove it from the stone it came on it on a a grey stone doesn't look nice in my tank

image-1434462301.jpg

Its hard to tell from the pic, what kind of coral is that? Does it have a skeleton? If it does you can snap it off, if its a soft coral like a mushroom it'll be hard to pry off without tearing it and then you'd have to make sure to attach it to something or it'll float around. That rock should turn purple soon enough, looks like you have lots of coraline on the rock under it...

It's a pulsing xenia was told they are quite an easy coral think ill just leave the rock to turn purple like you said seems the easiest option tanks for your input what soft coral would you recommend to add a little colour I was thinking some zoas

xenia are very easy and hardy, if it doesn't purple the rock up it'll at least spead out and cover it soon enough. You could pull or cut it off by you'd have to attach it to something else which is a pain imo.

Ya zoa's are awesome and you can get some great color. If you have decent lights you can go with torch, frogspawn, hammer and bubble, those are good starter coral too and add some nice movement to your tank...

Back
Top Bottom