Coral????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattyfelts

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm super new to sw! I got this lr and it had two hitch hikers... 1. A purple dottyback and 2. This coral or something. If someone could id it I would be very grateful! Thanks! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389933371.594850.jpg

Then zoomed in
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389933380.492418.jpg

Looks like a kind of anemone or a kind of mushroom (ie ricordia) but can't really tell from the pic.

Looks like a kind of anemone or a kind of mushroom (ie ricordia) but can't really tell from the pic.
It seems to be open and have almost lil tentacles, then i also saw it be like sucked in almost? like it was closed. and just now i put my net near it and it closed up.. if that helps at all?

Nope completely harmless. Just leave it be
is it okay if its in there while my tank cycles, im already doing a fish in cycle (not by choice and have no where to rehome the cutie, dont worry i am being very careful with the purple dottyback!!)? also does it need anything like food or what not? will it spread? any info would be good thanks :D!

Back
Top Bottom