Coralife Aqualight - Changing Megnetic Ballast's to Electronic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheChad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all,

My Coralife Aqualight 150w MH OEM Meganetic Ballasts started buzzing, so I bought 2 LuXcore Selectable Wattage Metal Halide Electronic Ballast (150W - 250W).

Tracing the wires from the HQI sockets, I come across this device (See Picture).

I know this is an "Ignighter", I am assuming it's part of the Megnetic ballast system and that I would remove it when installing the new electronic ballast, connecting the HQI sockets directly to the new ballast? (I assume the electronic ballast has the ignighter built in?)

The instructions in the very brief manual that came with the ballast shows the HQI socket connected directly to the ballast.

Thanks!

-TheChad

Attachments

• IMG_1088.JPG
    IMG_1088.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 106
Okay, for anyone that may want/need to know..

YES, remove the Ignighter. Connect the Electronic Ballast directly to the HQI socket's.

Now my next question is... The built in fan was wired to one of the ballast's before the ignighter.

Since the ignigher is built into the electronic ballast and the ballast directly connect's to the HQI socket, can the fan still be connected to the black/white wires from the ballast? or do I need to find another power source for the fan?

Thanks!

-TheChad

Back
Top Bottom