Coralife ballast replacements

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

malfist

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone,

I was given a Coral Life light fixture by someone because it wasn't working for them. I know a little bit about electronics and have went through the steps to identify the ballast as most likely the cause of the light failure (ballast get power, no output).

The system has 2 SPL-265R-JS (2x65W) ballasts in it, and my god, those things are expensive. The coralife ballasts I saw online have really terrible reviews about longevity. I would prefer not to buy 2 $60 ballasts every year like some of the reviews are reporting.

What alternatives can I use instead of the expensive and unreliable Coralife branded ones?

Those will work, but they're out of stock on amazon. The only other place I could find them is $40, and I'll have to buy two. I can do the wiring, that's no big deal.

I think you can find others down the page a little, or even google for other sellers of it, or search on amazon/ebay for other sellers. Never know, just might find it.

Back
Top Bottom