coralife question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

malonbl

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have very low light (single T8) in my 29 gallon with low-light plants. I want to upgrade to more "solid" low light (1 watt/gallon), while still keeping a low-tech tank and spending minimal money.

My idea is to go to a two bulb, T5-NO set-up and to elevate it a few inches above my open tank. Per the PAR chart referenced here often, that would still keep me low light. Primary reasons for wanting to make this change is to allow for some ground cover, possibly with crypto parva, and also to enable me to get some floating anacharis. Currently have anubias and java fern.

So, on to my question. I am seeing coralife 30" t5-NO dual fixtures and not much else. I did see an aqueon on amazon, but it was a bit more expensive. The coralife has a "6700 daylight and a colormax bulb"

Anyone have experience with this fixture and bulb combination? What it be an appropriate fixture for the goals I stated?

I have the 24" aqueon t5 no on my 20 tall ( sane height as 29) I ditched the colormax. For another daylight tube, it was to Red, didn't like the look, it is growing plants quite well! I have some med light plants that are doing great! Narrow leaf chain sword and hygro kompacts.

Back
Top Bottom