Coraline alge?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamroz37

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does this look like coralline alge to you guys?

Attachments

• image-918898476.jpg
    image-918898476.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 67
Cyano is a water quality and flow issue. It is normal to see it show up right as a tank is cycling. You can siphon the cyano out with some airline tubing. Redirecting powerheads or adding another might also be of benefit, stating this without knowing much about your tank. Try to reduce feedings and do water changes as normal. Should go away.

Ok thanks! I actually just added another power head last week so I have two in a 30 gallon tank one on each end plus about the cycling part It will be going on week 6 soon but all my nitrates and nitrites are at zero

Sounds pretty early to be done...whats ammonia at? Were you dosing with pure ammonia or with a raw shrimp? If it was the ammonia dosing method it might be that you just need to add more to keep the cycle going. Not a fan of this method personally, I screwed it up when I tried it.

I used this cycling kit I bought from the LFS but I thought it would be done cycling because I had a huge spike in nitrite and nitrates and after doing he cycle kit they all went down after about two weeks

Back
Top Bottom