Corals too big, no buyers, what to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmolavi

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a *huge* kenya tree coral, and I've tried selling frags, however there are no folks interested locally. I don't want to do the cut 'n' toss, but it's gotten to the point where it's taken over a large part of my tank. Does anyone have any advice on what to do? You can see it here:
00606_cmNPDKoYUzq_1200x900.jpg

Sadly, this can be a common problem with these corals. They can become overwhelming and invasive. I don't really see much outside of cutting and tossing it away. Don't think of it as harmful, just necessary pruning.

I agree...and it's not for lack of trying. I've posted ads on local frag groups and on Craigslist.

You're in PA...want a snippet? :)

Last year or so I also had a large Kenya tree orchard ,... like hank said , sometimes ya just gotta prune it out and put it in the recycle bin,... the good point to ponder is that you actually grew the beast in your tank , something was working correctly there !

Haha...thanks :) Yeah, my corals do well...but I stay on top of things and do PWCs every week (about 25%). Not because I overfeed, but because I want to prevent water-related issues before they crop up.

that thing is huge try fish shop maybe get a few bucks credit not many want it but it's a thought,

The LFS where I bought it as a tiny baby frag just a few months ago is setting up a new reef showcase tank (they just moved to a new storefront) and will take it :)

I'm also checking with my local public aquarium to see if they'd like it. They have a large cuttlefish tank with a colony of Kenya trees...

Back
Top Bottom