Corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't put them directly on the sand bed. Really anywhere else seems fine :) if it's on a rock on the sand bed it should be fine

Okay, thanks for all the information and your suggesting as well

Thanks, yea that was my plan. I have done it with my snails, starfish, and crab.

I only drip for about an hour to do feel that's enough time or do you suggest longer.

I believe 1 hours is too little especially if its an sps or a bigger coral go with about 2 1/2 hours at least and up to 4 or 5 hours it all depends o the coral

Like I said it depends on the coral and if your a professional you would know that some corals need that much time and some need as little as 1 and a half hours like I have a really rare coral it cost almost $900 for like 4-5 in of it and to acclimate it you have to do it for almost 5 hours

Fishfreak1 said:
Like I said it depends on the coral and if your a professional you would know that some corals need that much time and some need as little as 1 and a half hours like I have a really rare coral it cost almost $900 for like 4-5 in of it and to acclimate it you have to do it for almost 5 hours

Thanks for the sites. I looked over them briefly. I will read in more details later. I noticed some good information that does against what a lfs informed me. Is it bad for a fish or coral or marine life to touch air, as in is it bad for u to pull the marine life from your drip bucket and move to the tank? I would like your point of view of it please. I would like to see your rare coral you have if any pictures.

I'm not home right now and I don't have really any picture but the closest thing I found is this coral

image-3187771407.jpg

Also fish you put them quickly using a net into your aquarium and corals and everything else can't be exposed to air just fish also when you put fish in have the lights off for at least 4 hours and afterwards you can put the light on

Actually here's mine

image-945508618.jpg

It's from Australia costs $900 for a real one and lots of people are faking this coral nowadays and selling it for $100 by using real corals that look like it but really aren't the true rainbow symphyllia Wilson it's a sps coral. This coral is only picked by one Australian retailer.

The first picture of the coral I posted is one I have in my aquarium I just don't know the name it cost me $140. It took me 2 1/2 hours to acclimate the first one

That's a nice coral. I had a crab and the lfs stated it nor my red starfish should be exposed to air, which bout were due to fact I didn't want the store water in my tank. They were exposed to air for maybe 5 secs tops. They are doing fine. I see no signs of sickness or anything and I views tank many times a day when home.

Fishfreak1 said:
The first picture of the coral I posted is one I have in my aquarium I just don't know the name it cost me $140. It took me 2 1/2 hours to acclimate the first one

They are both really nice corals. Next weekend ill get me 3 or 4 to start. Zoas, shrooms, Kenyon tree.

JEurope said:
They are both really nice corals. Next weekend ill get me 3 or 4 to start. Zoas, shrooms, Kenyon tree.

Lol kenya tree :) and you really dont have to acclimate those corals long at all. Maybe an hour.

Back
Top Bottom