cories mating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

undercutter

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
funny thing happened when I did a big water change it dropped the water temperature almost 2 degrees, and cories went crazy, they started going in circle trying to suck on each others body in a crazy vortex, I read that when the temperature suddenly drops it induces mating so I guess that's what they were doing? lol

img_1348895_0_ddda0fd94e39f4192e92ab066b395cda.jpg

Hmmm I didnt know that. However when I do PWC's I use a thermometer and keep the water as close as possible to the current tank temp. In not doing so your likelyhood of ICK increases... And im sure it stresses the fish less..

yeah the thermometer I had for the water changes broke I'm gonna get another one

I read somewhere about temp changes being key to breeding, but normally an increase not decrease. As Tasha, doesn't sound like good practice to drop temp like that. While on temp, I have an LCD thermometer that seems to read about 3 degrees above the normal glass thermometer ! There I was thinking the LCD would be much more accurate. I was thinking of opening the case to see if there's a calibration pot, meanwhile it's used to match water temp when doing pwc's. I would love to have my cory's breed, but don't see myself 'inducing' the process somehow.

Back
Top Bottom