Coris wrasse hiding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gza166

Aquarium Advice Freak
So this morning I had to take all my live rock out to get my purple lobster out because he keeps grabbing my new fish. While I was doing that my wrasse got scared and hid somewhere. I know he buries himself in the sand but I haven't seen him out and it's been three hours already. If he buried himself and while placing the rocks back i put one on top of him could he get himself out somehow?

Most people say leave him alone, and some say try. I left my wrasse alone and never saw him again! I'd try to dig through the sand I find him. But that's just because mine never came out

Had a wrasse hide for three weeks they can hide for very long periods of time if scared don't worry I'm sure he's fine :)

Yep, I concur, leave him be. I had a yellow coris actually hide for months under the sand, extreme case but he did come out eventually.

Which coris did you get? A red, yellow or green one?

I bought a coris and didnt see him for a month. I thought he went carpet surfing and my cat ate him. I came home from work one night and saw him swiing around. They are extremely good hiders. I wouldnt worry about it too much.

Back
Top Bottom