Cory cat with shredded fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JEK

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 90 gallon tank with 2 silver dollars, a zebra loach, 3 rose lined sharks, 4 glo tetras, 3 dwarf blood gouramis, 2 powder blue dwarf gouramis, a Bolivian ram cichlid, 3 boesmani rainbow fish, 2 clown plecos, and a Cory cat. Within the last 2 days my Cory cat has shredded fins! I don't know what is going on. I saw one of the gouramis picking on him and pecking at his fins. Is he being picked on and do I need to seperate him, or could it be something else? No clue how old he is as he came with the tank when I bought it a few months ago.

Water peramiters:
pH: 8.2
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 40
Due for partial water change tomorrow.

I have a 90 gallon tank with 2 silver dollars, a zebra loach, 3 rose lined sharks, 4 glo tetras, 3 dwarf blood gouramis, 2 powder blue dwarf gouramis, a Bolivian ram cichlid, 3 boesmani rainbow fish, 2 clown plecos, and a Cory cat. Within the last 2 days my Cory cat has shredded fins! I don't know what is going on. I saw one of the gouramis picking on him and pecking at his fins. Is he being picked on and do I need to seperate him, or could it be something else? No clue how old he is as he came with the tank when I bought it a few months ago.

Water peramiters:
pH: 8.2
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 40
Due for partial water change tomorrow.

How bad is the fin? I think cories are schooling fish. Maybe if you got more, he would not be so picked on?

Wait for other people to respond. I am pretty inexperienced and overly paranoid that there is something wrong with my fish.

Ive seen dwarf. G eat panda corys, just saying be careful.
I just noticed that zebra loach and wanted to say that ive heard people have problem with zebra loaches and yoyos fighting cory for territory.

Back
Top Bottom