Cory cats bred

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike921

Aquarium Advice Regular
Yesterday my girlfriend and I watch my two peppered Cory's breed. We collected 34 eggs and moved them to my shrimp tank. We noticed only collect half the eggs but to be honest don't know what imma do with them if I even have half of them hatch. What I'm wondering is all but two of these eggs were collected by using fingers due to I didn't have a razor blade. Two I cut pieces of my cabomba out and threw ten into my shrimp tank. Reason I put them in there is cuz idt te shrimp will eat ye eggs as I had some kind of rainbow hatch in this tank. Not sure what kind yet. The shrimp tank I also keep at the exact same temp as the tank the Cory's were in. But we place the Cory eggs on the glass across from the over head filter for water movement on the eggs so they don't grow any thing on the eggs. Will they grow anything even though our hands were clean? Or will the oils on out fingers effect the eggs in anyway?

The eggs may make it. If they do give the fry diluted antaxanthin or spirulina powder once they are free swimming. You can use microworms, bbs or golden pearls after they get some size. You can raise them and ship them over to me. Always willing to lend a hand.

The eggs may make it. If they do give the fry diluted antaxanthin or spirulina powder once they are free swimming. You can use microworms, bbs or golden pearls after they get some size. You can raise them and ship them over to me. Always willing to lend a hand.

Ok haha where can I get that stuff? And possibly I've been figuring out where I'm going to go with some of them. But I'll let ya know!

Oh. Looks like one egg has hatched. Haven't seen the fry though. Only safe place I had was my shrimp tank. So prolly in my plants somewhere

The Antaxanthin and spirulina Ken's Aquatics-Everything else the live food section on Aquabid. I could sell it to you, but you likely want more than I want to part with. Good to know for next time.

Back
Top Bottom