Cory cats in 20 gallon long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tate

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Was thinking about getting some cories to add to my soon to be 20 gallon long. What kind and how many should I acquire

They like to live in groups of 6 or more. Which corys were you wanting? Dwarf corys are very small so you could have more.

Two skirt tetras 2 tetras and a chinese algae eaterb

You need to get the algae eater out they get 8 inches and extremely aggressive. As soon as you rehome the algae eater you can add 4 more of each tetra and a school of 7 Cory cats I like panda Cory's the most.

Just take the cae to my LFS or the one where I got it from?

Stocking Corydoras

Was thinking about getting some cories to add to my soon to be 20 gallon long. What kind and how many should I acquire

Hello Tate...

You have a very small tank. So, the smallest Corys would be best. I would recommend Pandas or Pygmies. A shoal of 5 or 6 is good. Larger species would require a larger tank. Plant the bottom of the tank well to provide hiding places and sufficient shade. These are a very shy fish.

B

They're sold in the US as community fish, too. And they're fine as youngsters while they're eating algae and growing. But then they grow up. They mostly stop eating algae, get territorial, and some develop a taste for fish slime and eyeballs. There are many, better choices for bottom fish.

Back
Top Bottom