cory or swordtail?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unicorn2tears

Aquarium Advice Regular
My tank is a bit of mixture but I'd like to even out one of two areas, but I'm concerned about which to do and I don't think I can do both.

Tank is about half a year old
29 gal
3 juvenile angels (can be moved when grown)
1 6" black ghost knife (will be moved when grown)
3 adolfoi corys
2 male swordtails

The 2 males swordtails are left over from cycling. I was having lots of issues and I had wanted 2 females and 1 male but one of the females turned into a male (or just matured) and another died so there you go. Ok, it was a little more complicated but that's basically it. The males now get along well, no fighting and hang out often. The reason I started with swordtails was that I wanted to try to get fry and occasionally I think of adding a female but I'm concerned how they will react and I don't know if I really want to add multiple females to keep down aggresion issues.

The other direction I'd like to go in is to increase the cory number but I'm not sure how many I could add. The inhabitants still have a lot of growing to do and I'd like to put off moving the ghost for as long as possible so I don't want too many fish in there.

Which way should I go? Adding some female swordtails or flushing out a school of corys? Or should I do neither and just be happy with the tank the way it is?

Leave the swords the way they are if there is no aggression. I would add 2-3 cories since all the fish in the tank are small and will be moved. My only concern is with the knife. I don't know what they eat.

I agree go with more cories.. The adolfs are an excellent cory.. Great choice!

Moose

Back
Top Bottom