Corydora might be dying..HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddevine

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I got my fish on wednesday and my dwarf gourami mysteriously died yesterday, i just shrugged it off thinking it was an unhealthy fish from the pet store as i done work experience there and i (sadly) found out that they die all the time. While i was taking my gourami out i noticed I could only see 1 corydora, i searched for the other one for a while and i couldn't see it anywhere, I done some research and people say that they went missing quite a lot but always showed but always showed back up, so i just hoped for the best, about half an hour ago i saw it floated at the top of the tank (it looked like it had been dead for a while) The corydora that was dead had been sitting at the bottom of the tank and not really moving much since I got him so I just thought that maybe it was a sick fish? I don't know...

So i'm worrying about my fish now and turn round to check on them often and i thought my other corydora was dead as it was floating it the top of the tank, with its mouth at the surface, kind of lying upside down...i checked it and its gills were moving so i put the net in the water and went near it and it swam away, but floated back to the top. It is swimming sometimes but just stopping and floating all the way to the top and just sitting there...right now it is floating up and down and about a minute ago it was swimming about crazy and flipping over...what the hell is wrong with it?? Please someone help me? I'm new to having fish and I had a betta about a couple of month ago who died with ich so I haven't had the best luck and I'm really scared. :(

Also my 2 balloon mollies seem perfectly fine and happy and so does my other dwarf gourami

edit* he is now swimming in dramatic circles

I had a similar prob. I ran to pet store and bought test kit. There was too high nitrite. I did a water change 50% and used seachem prime. I will be testing every day and changing the water as often as need be.

Test Water!!!! Do 50% water change if nitrite is too high. That just happened to me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom