corydora pygmaeus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr. Scroggins..

Aquarium Advice Freak
i'm looking to stock a group (id like 10 or so..) of these little guys but can only find one site on the web that carries them.. anyone know where i can find some?? on the web, or fish store. i'm in central Iowa. anyone breed these??

Just as a caution, if you order online you may want to order a larger group than what you think you'll need... IME these fish are very poor shippers and unfortunately, some losses would not surprise me.

one of the fish i hope to have but since i am still working on the fish room might take a few weeks.

thanks for the replys everyone.

I'll keep you in mind MG, and if you think about it shoot me a message when you get those guys in.

ill try to remember no guarantees.... my 2 month project is already on its 3rd month....

There is a fish store I frequent, that seemed like it was stocking dwarf cories for awhile, so I'm betting that I can get the manager to order me some... if they're not seasonal... That said, it's getting pretty hot out, and maybe it would be best to wait until late summer-early fall? That said, if you do want them, the closest thing I have ever shipped are some RCS and then some MTS. I think they were somewhere around 3-5$ each...

I talked to my manager/friend, and he said he ordered 15, and they were supposed to arrive in the store today, but didn't.. He also said mortality rate is pretty high, so keep that in mind. He said his supplier is in Chicago, and I'm not sure where the main distributors are located, but if Iowa is within the range of ours, you might be able to get a Petland nearby to order some, assuming they use the same chain of suppliers.

I just checked for the nearest Petland, which is in Iowa City, 2:30 away, and I'm 5 hours... lol. Soo.. if you're going to stop by Iowa City, you could call a couple weeks ahead and ask if they can order some.

I live in Iowa as well. I ended up ordering some off a dealer from aquabid for a reasonable price. I can't seem to find the same dealer I bought from but I did find this one, he is selling them for $2.00 a piece.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwcatfishc&1278469870

I personally like personal breeders who sell them compared to commerical sellers. They take better care of them. Just however many you want try to get a few more, just so you know you have the amount you want.

Back
Top Bottom