corys are scaring me to death!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alcarinhwesta

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So, I know that we have an outbreak of Ich in our tank and we just started treatment last night. The fish have seemingly been tolerating the Rid-Ich Plus fairly well, but one of my Cories has been acting a little off.

I was startled to find him floating, belly up, at the top of the tank (and I started crying like the big girl that I am) my husband went to fetch the net and the Cory immediately brighted itself and went back to acting like its normal self...he's done this three other times since. I'm not seeing any other "stress" indicators, but I'm kind of freaking out. Please help.

The poor guy is obviously sick and stressed out from the ich.

Are you also using heat to treat the ich?

Our first cory we brought back from the lfs did this. I'm sorry to say he didn't make it :( he just slowly got worse and worse and ended up stuck to the filter :( kinda soured our aquarium experience.

Hope your little guy pulls through! Fingers crossed for you!

The poor guy is obviously sick and stressed out from the ich.

Are you also using heat to treat the ich?

We've increased the temp from 78 to 80 farenheit. We're a little reluctant to go higher at the moment

Can you pwc at all? That might help to get some fresh clean water in there for him? If it's the ich meds that have caused this, it might be an idea to try and flush it through. If it doesn't work you can always re-dose later, but it might be worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom