Corys Hiding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamroper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi Everyone,

I have 3 Juli corys that have been in my tank for about 4 months or so. They constantly hide in the corner under a plant. I don't have any aggressive fish in my community tank, and I don't believe most fish ever bother corys anyway. I have a couple of GBRs, some Rasboras, Guppies, SAEs and a Dwarf Gourami. My tank is well established, and planted. I've had Juli corys in the past that were very active. Any ideas?
Thanks,
D

Ok so you really need a few more corys for them to feel more comfortable. Secondly some corys are extremely shy. I bought some tank raised orange lasers and after a year they are finally venturing out from hiding just a little. Wild caught corys are way more shy but I really believe it has to do with how they are raised. My albino aeneus are extremely friendly and will let me touch them if I'm working on their tank but most of them are pet shop fish and the rest I raised. The orange lasers on the other hand were never in a shop they were raised by a breeder and probably didn't have a ton of human interaction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have 2 tanks, julii corys in one and panda corys in the other. the pandas run around like mad but you have to work to seee the julii's

Thanks for your replies. Maybe I'll stop in the LFS and pick up a couple of more on my way home from work. They've been shy every since I brought them home, and I've always had Juliis, never any other kind of cory.

Hi. I have a mix of Julii, peppered and pandas in my community tank. It's heavily planted. The more I get, the more they come out although they really prefer the evening and feeding time of course. I think 6 was the turning point and mine don't seem to mind what the species is, they just mix in together.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

It's odd because when I've had them in the past, they were much more active, so I tried to evaluate the other fish that might be causing a problem. I've noticed in the morning, when I turn the light on, they scurry for cover.

Back
Top Bottom