Corys schooling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leek86

Aquarium Advice Activist
Will different variants of city school/shoal together ie panda and hasbrosus?

I think different Cories school together , I've never tried it myself but many people have. Panda Cories I do have though . I notice mine seem to go off in 3s and 4 s and only school together for feeding or sleeping and when they're scared

My marmer skinned and aenus black(sorry for misspellings) shoal together fine. Even better when predatory fish are near

Hmm are there any other small "dwarf" cory other than Pygmy, hasbrosus, panda?

Will different variants of city school/shoal together ie panda and hasbrosus?

They'll hang out together but you won't see a big school of cories swimming together.

They'll establish a place where they all hang out and hide and then go out and play mostly individually.

leek86 said:
Hmm are there any other small "dwarf" cory other than Pygmy, hasbrosus, panda?

Alot, all corydoras species font get bigger then 5inch, i had a list somewhere, il look for you if i got it somewhere

tukker said:
Alot, all corydoras species font get bigger then 5inch, i had a list somewhere, il look for you if i got it somewhere

Do you mean all Cories get bigger than 5 inches ? I didn't get that because if that is what you meant then they don't

Samzter said:
Do you mean all Cories get bigger than 5 inches ? I didn't get that because if that is what you meant then they don't

No. Not all specie of Corydoras get bigger than 5 inches. Some smaller species aside from the Panda, Pygmaeus, and Habrosus are Hastsus. My Pygmaeus and Habrosus sometimes school together but for the most part stick with their own specie.

Eh...maybe. My Pygmaeus and Habrosus are pretty similar but it's not a real school. Just occasionally intermingle.

I ask because I read they need to be kept in groups, but id like a bit of diversity.

Im sorry I ment there are no Corys gettin bigger then 5 inches, alto.of.them stay under 2 inches

Back
Top Bottom