Corys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish king

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can Corys cross breed with each other the types I have are

panda
Albino
And a pepper

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

From what I've read it's possible but very unlikely. Cories typically won't even shoal with species other than their own, let alone breed. I don't know what size tank you have them in but it would be best to increase their group sizes if you want to breed them.

I'd think not, but it may be possible. But with panda cories to albino panda cories yes.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Actually it's albino and bronze that will breed because they are both c. Aneus species! I don't think anything in the OPs tank will crossbreed

From what I've read, most fish have very specific behaviours that they are pretty much programmed to respond to, so even if another species, to us, looks very similar, chances of it actually having the same behaviours and responses to signals is very small.

It's pretty rare to find to find any type of hybrid fish in the wild even if they all live in the same area.. and even in captivity, it's not all that common either. In captivity though, some fish, if they can't find a mate of their own species, may take another species instead. Usually only happens with live bearers who are relatively closely related. Guppy and molly, for example or sword and platy.. you rarely hear of other hybrids unless humans have meddled to make it happen.

Back
Top Bottom