Could I add a kribensis?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twoodrough

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 10 gallon with a ruby barb (dominate male with very long fins, black tips), cherry barb, zebra danio, and dalmation sailfin molly. All about 2 inches, give or take. I do 25% weekly water changes.

I have had bad luck with fish personalities. I had a very aggressive pearl gourami and a wimpy male betta. Betta is back in his own space (he is just not a community guy) and the gourami got donated back to LFS.

The current four fish seem pretty happy and active. Now that the gourami and betta are out I would love to get a krib, but I know it is hit or miss with the personality. Are females better than males for aggression? If my chances are more than 50/50 I want to try it.

BTW - I never had all six of these fish in the tank at the same time. Too much, I know. Also, trying to decide if going to 5 fish in the 10 gallon would be too much.

Don't think so...first problem is you have 3 schooling fishes all by themselves. Second, kribs hit 3 to 4 inches--that's on the big side for a ten gallon.

Back
Top Bottom