Could I have too much O2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tamera

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm new to aquarium keeping and have a 55 gallon tank. Right now my tank is mostly fake plants but I am slowly changing to some real plants. I have 3 guppies 4 mollies 1 snail 5 zebra danios. My filter is over the tank style and I have 1 air stone.

With all that said I have a few questions.
Am I adding too much air into my water?
Would the extra air hurt or aid my fish and plants?
Do the fine air bubbles bother the fish?

While too much O2 can be a serious problem, its highly unlikely you have this issue. I cant even imagine what you would have to do to end up with this issue.

What are you seeing in your tank to make you think you might have to much CO2?

Last edited:
LOL nothing really, I was looking at my tank and there seems to be alot of movement and it was stuff I was reading online. I just don't want to hurt my fish. I attached a picture for you. Also is my lighting OK for plants?

Attachments

• 16356325191855276823635565126692.jpg
    16356325191855276823635565126692.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 15
There is nothing in there that suggests you could have too much O2. Some fish dont like high flow, your guppies and mollys would be included in those fish. Do they look like they are being blown about by current? Its a fairly big tank, they can easily find somewhere where flow is lower if needs be.

As to your lights, if you go with low light demanding plants, pretty much any aquarium light will be good for those. Try some java fern or anubias to start with.

Thank you so much! I will see about cutting down the flow a bit. I'm going to go to the store right now to get a few plants! I never could have imagined how much I enjoy this. Thank you again!

Back
Top Bottom