Could not pass him up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Martinismommy you can google her.

Has some really great fish and she takes very good care of them. I met her at her house, she lives in California near my mom. Bought two.

What seller did you get him from? Import or American? Been trying to find more American sellers lately

American. When I get home I'll find the seller's name. I am wary of buying from overseas. Seems a long way for a fish to go in a box. Not to mention the shipping fees seem like they would be huge.

Edit - sifu_plakat is the seller.

He will be here on Friday! I'm so excited. Unfortunately the sand for his tank won't be here until Friday either. So he may have to spend a little time in a bowl while I finish scaping. The tank is cycled, just not scaped. It's bare bottomed at the moment. I'm going to paint the background on it today. White with some silvery accents. Can't do a black background for a black betta, after all. White sand, too.

He will be here on Friday! I'm so excited. Unfortunately the sand for his tank won't be here until Friday either. So he may have to spend a little time in a bowl while I finish scaping. The tank is cycled, just not scaped. It's bare bottomed at the moment. I'm going to paint the background on it today. White with some silvery accents. Can't do a black background for a black betta, after all. White sand, too.

Exciting!!! :) please please please post pictures. :)

Exciting!!! :) please please please post pictures. :)

I know! I can't wait. I'm happy I'll be home Friday. I switched shifts with a coworker so she would work Tuesday and I would work Friday since she had a doctors appointment but we switched back when it got cancelled. Good thing we switched back! I would hate to have him sitting outside, or worse, at the post office, because I was at work. Fridays going to be a busy day. I ordered six female Bettas through my LFS to set up a sorority in another tank and they will be arriving Friday. So I get to acclimate 7 Bettas and finish scaping a tank. And trust me, I will take lots and lots of pictures!

Nice! I'm looking foreward to more pictures of him in his new tank :)
Sifu-plakat seems to be a good seller, a newer one, but I haven't heard anything negative about him yet :)

I know! I can't wait. I'm happy I'll be home Friday. I switched shifts with a coworker so she would work Tuesday and I would work Friday since she had a doctors appointment but we switched back when it got cancelled. Good thing we switched back! I would hate to have him sitting outside, or worse, at the post office, because I was at work. Fridays going to be a busy day. I ordered six female Bettas through my LFS to set up a sorority in another tank and they will be arriving Friday. So I get to acclimate 7 Bettas and finish scaping a tank. And trust me, I will take lots and lots of pictures!

Sweet. :) sounds like everything worked out! I've also thought about a Betta sorority. I'm looking forward to seeing how yours turns out. :)

Sweet. :) sounds like everything worked out! I've also thought about a Betta sorority. I'm looking forward to seeing how yours turns out. :)

I tried it once before in a 20 gallon and it didn't work out too well, but now that I have a 56 gallon I think things will go better. More space and lots of hiding spots. I'm going to put some big fake plants in there for now until I can get it planted. Just have to pull more snails out before I can do that. They eat every attempt to get the tank planted.

Here's hoping for lots of fry from this beautiful guy! Hope arrives safe and sound!

Thanks. And yes, I'm definitely planning on breeding him. That's why I've decided to get a sorority going, and ill be setting up my old 20 gallon soon to use as a fry raising tank. Might use it as a breeding tank for the first go-round, but I plan on eventually picking up a small plastic tank to breed in.

Thanks. And yes, I'm definitely planning on breeding him. That's why I've decided to get a sorority going, and ill be setting up my old 20 gallon soon to use as a fry raising tank. Might use it as a breeding tank for the first go-round, but I plan on eventually picking up a small plastic tank to breed in.

Well if ya get an overflow of babies!:dance: I am slowly setting up a sorority...got one lady, but 3 guys! The LFS does not have a good selection of the ladies. Most look beaten up. Guinevere was the best choice they had there and she had all her fins and appeared healthy and active, as the rest were lethargic. So... it looks like I will be at aqua-bid as well, when I save up a few bucks. Let us know how the shipping and all turns out, as I have only ever bought online is plants. And they arrive very safe and sound in the dead of winter! :flowers:

Well if ya get an overflow of babies!:dance: I am slowly setting up a sorority...got one lady, but 3 guys! The LFS does not have a good selection of the ladies. Most look beaten up. Guinevere was the best choice they had there and she had all her fins and appeared healthy and active, as the rest were lethargic. So... it looks like I will be at aqua-bid as well, when I save up a few bucks. Let us know how the shipping and all turns out, as I have only ever bought online is plants. And they arrive very safe and sound in the dead of winter! :flowers:

This will be my 4th order from aquabid. The other three all came in fine in the extreme heat of summer, and this time I went for overnight shipping just to be safe. All of the sellers I've worked with there have been great. Just check the feedback for the sellers. The one I went with this time doesn't have much feedback, but all but one review was positive and the one negative review was very out of line with the others, so I trust him. Communication with him is good, too. And don't worry, if I get some good fry I will definitely be offering some here for members. I'm planning on setting up a sort of fish room to breed and raise fry. I'm getting crowntail, halfmoon, and veiltail females, so I can play around with the genetics a little and see what works best.

Back
Top Bottom