Could somone explain how to do and setup a freshwater dip???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flatzboy

Aquarium Advice Activist
First of all freshwater dips are to kill parasites and cure ick correst? Do you set up a tank with freshwater or do you use a bowl. How long do you dip the fish for? What do you add to the freshwater :?: :?: :?:

Ok, I will tell you all I know which aint much! :D

FW dip will kill the parasite on the exterior of the fish. It will not effect the interior.

You use a 1g container or maybe a bit bigger. No extra tank.

3-5 min dip.

RO water, or dechlorinized water, mmatch water temp, and I know you can add a little salt, but dont know how much.

I have never dont it, but this is what I have heard others do. HTH!

Your very welcome!! I am considering this treatment for all new fish. :wink:

Are you having a problem?

Wow, I see a major problem. You have a yellow tang, and a mandarin in a 20 gal tank? First off that tank is to small for any tang, and the mandarin will starve they need a constant supply of pods. Unless you plan for a serious refugium, he will die. Also return the tang, that tank isn't even close to the minimum.

For the record my tang is only about 1 1/2 inches long write know and will be heading into the 75gal. once it cycles. The mandrin has been in there for about 5-6 months now and is not skinny at all. Steve showed me and article on mandrins and signs of it being to thin. I also feed him a few brine shrimp a daily and mostly eat doesn't eat any more then one so he must be getting enough food. I doubt he would survive this long with out food. He is very healthy and scoots along the bottom all around the tank. I see him on liverock all the time eating all the time.

Well it's good to see your on the right track. I wasn't trying to offend you just trying to help. Great to see you have a new tank going up for him. I am going to get a mandarin soon, if you can hook a fuge to the 75, and you will have no problems. I have a 55 gal fuge, and pods everywhere.

Yeah were having a fuge and wet/dry being built for the 75gal. they should be done and the tank should be up and running this weekend. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom