couple of filter questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill_B

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hellowell i'm getting ready to start my tank swap, to sum up the plans, i'm moving my 45 gallon (ish ) freshwater tank to a 55 gallon hex tank, then converting the fresh tank to saltwater to upsize from my current 12 gallon Eclipse. *I was looking at the filter I got with the hex, its a Emperor 280 i think. large filter with biowheel. *Looking at the size of this, i was wondering about instead of puting a heater in my tank put two smaller (for length) heaters in the filter and then put either ceramic tubes or liverock rubble in there with it,Eventually i'd like to put a sump under the tank, but i was thining this would get me by for a while, i'm hoping in a year or 2 if this setup goes good i'll go even bigger and do the sump then, or else build a 10 gallon one for this setup, not sure yet really, just right now its more then I want to get involved with.thoughts?

Sounds alright, you are probably going to want to get a couple more power heads or something to keep the water moving in your tank. I don't think that emperor will output enough to prevent a lot of dead spots.

well gonna try out this idea, i like not having the heaters in the DT, cant put a sump in on the hex. Heaters fit completely in the filter box, got a bag with the ceramic in there, and i put a sponge temporarily to help clean out the sand Bits that are floating.

Back
Top Bottom