Couple questions on keeping rcs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

himdie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I was thinking of getting around 20 rcs for my comm tank I understand they might get eaten by my rams and neons but im sure I have enough hising spots for some too survive anyway I have a ac 70 filter and was wondering what I could add so shrimplets dont get sucked up? A sponge, or mesh maybe not sure what would work best without impeding the motor/flow

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Fish net with a zip tie around the intake works wonders for me. Those 20 won't last long though... The Rams will make quick snacks of them, sorry to say! I have a separate tank for my shrimp... They are too irresistible to most decent sized fish, especially cichlids.

❤️ Invertebrates
Electric Blue Crayfish | CPO Crayfish | Shrimp

They also sell pre filter sponges that will attach to the intake.

That being said I agree that you are just buying expensive food with that stocking.

The pre-filter sponges are not good if you have a decent amount or decent sized fish... Then again, neither are shrimp. =p

❤️ Invertebrates

True hmmm was thking that with my 2 pieces of driftwood riddled with holes and moss they might b ok =/ think they wint make it?

Not a chance. Shrimp aren't the brightest critters in the sea... They like to adventure and have zero awareness of their surroundings. Look into CPO crayfish! They are tiny with a ton of personality and won't get eaten.

❤️ Invertebrates

Haha nah nm in that case ive got around 7 or so amanos that are doing great so I thought id add some rcs

Yeah, amanos are very camouflage (being clear and all) haha. The colored shrimp don't have that advantage.

❤️ Invertebrates

Haha amanos are also huge the rams dont bother them much unless they get close to them when theyre spawning then the rams just chase them away

Yeah I should have mentioned that... RCS aren't nearly the size of the Amano fyi...

❤️ Invertebrates

Back
Top Bottom