Court jester goby feeding..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sonny bats

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just bought a court jester goby yesterday, and after I came home with him I did some research and found out they are very finicky eaters. I've heard ppl havin a hard time gettin them to eat prepared foods..to the point where they starve to death., I don't want this to happen..

Has anybody had experience with these types of gobies? And if so what's the best food to supplement them with??

I have one and he's a fat lil fish lol they graze all day and sift sand.. every once in awhile he will take some interest to mysis but they are mainly grazers here he is :)

He was looking thin when I first got him but since then plumped up to about twice that size thankfully

Awesome. He is a cool fish, i have him in a 29 gallon with two ocellaris clowns and red scarlet hermits..my tank is fully cycled, but Its only been up and runnin for about a month..I'm just worried my tank isn't established enough for him

Here is my guy.. I named him joker ?

image-581744193.jpg

He also looks thin.. did you get him at a shop or order him cause they always seem to be under fed at the shops I think due to tanks not being as mature as a normal tank

I got him at my LFS..he doesn't look as thin as the pic shows tho..so urs eat mysis every now and then?

Not quite sure if he actually eats it but he sucks a few pieces up here and there I wouldn't worry about feeding him any though mine seems to be more then happy to fend for himself in my tank

Ok thanks, appreciate the feedback...he is entertaining when he takes mouthfuls of sand and spits it out lol..made himself a nice Lil cave the first 5mins in the tank

He is one of my favorite gobies next to the prawn and catalina but a fraction of the cost haha

One more question. As I Said, my tank isn't fully established this is why I worry about him not gettin enough food .since I have little to no algae in my tank..could I try puttin some red or green dried seaweed on a clip...think hell go for that?

Sonny bats said:
One more question. As I Said, my tank isn't fully established this is why I worry about him not gettin enough food .since I have little to no algae in my tank..could I try puttin some red or green dried seaweed on a clip...think hell go for that?

I'm not quite sure but it'd be worth a try. My guess is yes he would

Back
Top Bottom