Cover options?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AZdogpatch06

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey folks. As you can see by my picture, I'm using a 25 gallon tank meant for freshwater for my nano reef. By meant for freshwater I mean it has no overflow or sump cutouts or anything. What are my cover options for this tank? I have a custom cut piece of plexiglass but that seems to trap a lot of heat and salt creep. Thanks!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428286792.665750.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428286820.361889.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I use a egg crate light defuser ,it cost 14dollars and you can get it at home depot

img_3198899_0_228702a9abbdca1ff7727c60d23bcfb2.jpg

Doesn't that cause a lot of glare?

I use a egg crate light defuser ,it cost 14dollars and you can get it at home depot

img_3199733_0_228702a9abbdca1ff7727c60d23bcfb2.jpg

that looks pretty nice. what did you use to make the hinges for the opening or are they clips?

ps. egg crate diffusers should be in every aquarists box of goodies, it can be used for sooo many things.

I've seen people use thishttp://www.amazon.com/niceeshop-Mosquito-Window-Screen-Transparent/dp/B00J0S3MVW just need to make a frame for it

that looks pretty nice. what did you use to make the hinges for the opening or are they clips?

ps. egg crate diffusers should be in every aquarists box of goodies, it can be used for sooo many things.

zip ties just left them loose enough so the lid opened and closed easy
also had to make 2 hooks from the defuser to hold the lid on lip of tank so it didn't fall in tank , works perfect and has a very neat appearence

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom