Crab ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jellybeanie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Immediately when I saw him I knew I would be taking him out, probably flushing him down the toilet (cruel I know) but then I thought maybe he'd be okay? I'm only setting up this new tank and he's the first hitch hiker I've seen. No fish yet, just LR. Anyone have an idea if he's okay (I don't plan on getting coral or any inverts besides hermits and a shrimp or two) ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416089339.194546.jpg I put him into a plastic container he can't get out of...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks for the quick reply. If he is an Emerald Crab, tbh I'm surprised he survived this long. So far I've been using artificial LR for set up as a substitute (a cost saving measure) mixed in with one big piece of real LR (planning on adding in a few more bits, still looking for the perfect pieces). You see I only have one piece that travelled a long distance to get here so I imagine he would have had a stressful time (poor guy). I've developed quite a soft spot for him and I've decided to keep him in a proper quarantine for a while to see his behavior. I've given him some seaweed and frozen mysis (which he gobbled quickly) and am gonna consider keeping him as a tank mate. When I add my first few fish and inverts, I'll keep a close eye and see of he gets up to mischief but for now he'll be staying alone where I can see him. I'm still skeptical.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom