Crab on Leather Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

l'eau IQ

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Saw this fuzzy brown crab hanging out on my leather coral last night. I've had the coral for about two weeks and I've noticed a lot of white areas on the coral. Was thinking maybe the lighting was too intense and was going to move it lower in the tank. Is this crab harmful and is there a possibility that he's causing the bleaching areas on the coral? Thanks all!

Attachments

• brown_crab_165.jpg
    brown_crab_165.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 42
He sure does look suspicious and I would remove him. Chances are he's the one doing the damage.

Thanks Fluff. Is it worth putting him in a fuge with snails and crabs or would it attack them as well?

Hard to say but if you feed it, the odds are better for the other inverts in there. If you don't feed it, it will take what it can get.

I found one of those on my zoos the other night........I thought it was a broken off peice of sponge in my tank...I grabbed it and squeezed to see if it was a sponge or what and it popped and I realized it is a crab.

I didnt mean to kill it, but it is kinda too late for that now....if it is a bad guy no shame though!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom