Crab watching platies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thinksincode

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a funny story to share with you all - this has happened several times since I've set up my aquarium.

Right next to my 10 gallon aquarium, I have a 10 gallon terrarium where some hermit crabs live. One crab in particular, Chewbacca (he is the only one that does this) has been spending most of his waking hours watching the platies. He sits in the corner of the terrarium closest to the aquarium, and his little eyes are pointed up at where they are swimming.

It's so funny! I should try to get a picture the next time he does it.

I can tell he spends a lot of time there because there's a bunch of poop in a little area he dug to sit in while he watches.

I had a female fiddler crab in my 29G that developed a taste for fresh fish, namely my hatchet fish. She would climb up one of the plastic plants and jump off in quest of her prey.

One morning I found her sitting there holding the body of my beloved hatchet, her prize and she refused to give it up.

The crab also had a habit of climbing up the filter tube for my HOB filer and crawl inside.

Her end came in an unusual manner. I found her one morning in the middle of "Fishhenge", a structure I made out of rocks that resembled stonehenge.

Back
Top Bottom