Crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Platypus

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have an Electric blue and a white spectral crayfish. I travel for work and had a recent bad algae outbreak die to a low maintenance period. So I have quarantined my crayfish and have been taking step to get the algae under control. I had to resort to and algae chemical which is dangerous for my crayfish. So my question is how long do I keep the crayfish out of the tank to let the chemical clear?

What did you use?
Most chems can be removed with carbon or even simple water changes...
Using a treatment to kill the algae will not keep it from coming back IMO.
Maybe this one does ,but often it is better to try to figure why you are growing algae...
Usually it comes down to light duration and power IMO.Sometimes it can be another factor like nutrient level or lack of plants for amount of light??

Depending on what the chem is you may want to keep them out for a while , like weeks?

It is the tetra algae fix. It was just one dose to knock it back while my plants caught back up. It was my fault it happened. Due to the lack of time I had at home to manage the tank. It says to keep the filters off for 6 hours more specifically to keep the carbon filters off. So I am assuming carbon will pull the chemical. I have a fresh carbon in my canister and have had it running for 6 days since the dose.

one dose and six days of carbon would sound like it should be safe..
A wc would be a good safe measure, but I would guess you should be safe.

Back
Top Bottom