crazy plant experiment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MickeyA

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so you know how every once in a while you get crazy ideas well i decided imma try this one ok so i took 2 20oz water bottles and cut off the top where it curves filled the bottom with organic potting soil and capped it with playsand took some of my plant clippings planted them and set them in the window and gonna see how it turns out in one bottle i have some bacopa and the other micro swords amd wisteria i think if it works then ill try using it as my clipping nursery and if it doesnt do anything except make green water then i can use the green water for some daphnia let me know what ya think crazy or not?

MickeyA said:
Ok so you know how every once in a while you get crazy ideas well i decided imma try this one ok so i took 2 20oz water bottles and cut off the top where it curves filled the bottom with organic potting soil and capped it with playsand took some of my plant clippings planted them and set them in the window and gonna see how it turns out in one bottle i have some bacopa and the other micro swords amd wisteria i think if it works then ill try using it as my clipping nursery and if it doesnt do anything except make green water then i can use the green water for some daphnia let me know what ya think crazy or not?

No offense but punctuation is your friend. Your 20 line sentence can be a little hard to follow.

I think it's a great thing to try, especially since you have found a way to make it a win win! I think the latter of the options is going to happen but let us know if it works out!

Good luck!

If possible use a window with a northern expose so you get bright light but no sun. Sun unless your growing green water algae will overheat and possibly scorch leaves. Your idea is a solid one tho. Good luck!

reefdiver said:
Can i makr a suggestion. Do not leave them in the sun to long.

Well there in sunlight all day but the bottles are in my kitchen window facing west so they only get direct in the evening.

Predfan27 said:
No offense but punctuation is your friend. Your 20 line sentence can be a little hard to follow.

I think it's a great thing to try, especially since you have found a way to make it a win win! I think the latter of the options is going to happen but let us know if it works out!

Good luck!

Sorry about the lack of punctuation. i was on my phone app so its easier to not use it. appologies if its difficult to understand.

So is this submerged or emersed? If emersed, this is a solid idea. If submerged, it's going to be an algae parade.

aqua_chem said:
So is this submerged or emersed? If emersed, this is a solid idea. If submerged, it's going to be an algae parade.

Im trying submerged and see how it works either way the experiment ends in plus

Back
Top Bottom