crazycat's 125g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crazycat

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i finally have photos! not great ones mind you...but enough to get the idea across.

thanks so much for all the great articles and advice--i couldn't have done the co2 or fertilizer dosing without them!

i'm just posting a few pics here...so check out my gallery for more. all the info is in my sig...

and please, any comments/suggestions would be most welcome!

Attachments

• tank_right.jpg
    tank_right.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 115
  • tank_middle.jpg
    tank_middle.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 150
  • 333_02.jpg
    333_02.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 103
it's an L333--sometimes called "imperial king tiger" but i don't think that's necessarily the accepted common name.

Kickin' ! I love the way the vallis loops around itself on top when it gets really long.

What are those goldish with red and black stripes fish ?

Thx,

Dave

Jchillin said:
Looks like a zebra variant to me?

i wish it were jchillin! but right now i don't have the bucks to shell out for a zebra...

it's much larger than a true zebra--this guy is about 4" and will get to be about 6". it often confused with the L66. i have 3 L333s, and this guy is the best looking specimen! you can see another one of my L333s here:

Attachments

• denisonii_333.jpg
    denisonii_333.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 65
Xzap said:
Kickin' ! I love the way the vallis loops around itself on top when it gets really long.

What are those goldish with red and black stripes fish ?

Thx,

Dave

thanks xzap--that's a real compliment coming from you!

those are puntius denisonii--also known as roseline sharks, torpedo barbs, redline sharks, denison barbs. you will see me often raving about them in various forums since i think they are one of the most beautiful fish out there! perfect community fish, very active, and they get to be about 6" or so. just gorgeous! i have another 8 coming to me next week--so i'll have a nice healthy school!

crazycat said:
Jchillin said:
Looks like a zebra variant to me?

i wish it were jchillin! but right now i don't have the bucks to shell out for a zebra...

it's much larger than a true zebra--this guy is about 4" and will get to be about 6". it often confused with the L66. i have 3 L333s, and this guy is the best looking specimen! you can see another one of my L333s here:

LOL...if you ever come across one...let me know (y) One of the LFS I frequent has the L333 and they identified it as a "Common" Zebra. What a nerve. I pointed out the difference and they stared at me.

wow, those reds streaks on the torpedo's make a great contrast against the bright green...i want them :mrgreen: ...
congrats on the nice job.

next step - get a foreground going... :idea:

thanks tetrin! they really ARE beautiful fish. they get to be about 6" and when in the right environment, the red streaks and the yellow spots on their caudal fins get SUPER bright! they're very active and very peaceful--they've never harmed any of my other smaller fish. i HIGHLY recommend them! they can however be pricey. the most i've paid is $30/fish (but they were already 3.5/4"). usually i pay about $17-20 each--from online sources. i see them in the lfs anywhere from $35-50. if you're interested, pm me and i can give you some leads...

ps expecting some glosso any day now...

Back
Top Bottom