Creamsicle Molly Fry being born right now! :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She's in her own 10 gal with 4-7 survivors...

** 4-7 live fry
** 1 huge one stillborn
** 5 eggs

She's still swimming around but not as frantically as earlier.. The tank she was in a few weeks ago was treated with fenbendazole and Parasite Guard so I'm guessing the meds affected her gestation.
Born today at 31 days gestation...
Babies born last month on Sept 23rd... Approx 25-30 live...
I'm thinking she may be done.. Will get official count in the next day or so... Can't wait... Curious... They are all hiding so I can't hardly even find them.

It's been 6 hrs and she is about half sized as before giving birth. Haven't had any in about 4 hrs... She's swimming all over the 10 gal by herself and babies who are in hiding. She seems very active at times like she was a minute or so before dropping a few more.
There was one that got stuck and was hanging out halfway for about a minute while she swam around frantically. That baby was huge, double sized of others, and was unfortunately stillborn.
Could there be more babies in there and she's holding onto them? Or they're too big? Or am I just being a mama worry wart? :)

View attachment 57972

NINE swimming slowly and floating...
Slow to come alive from rest at the bottom and slow to swim... But can relax and are starting to feel safer...
They have the 10 gallon to themselves.
We'll see but Mom still has black spots visible in her belly but nothings happened so I put her in with the others in 29 gal main tank.

i have never seen a molly or guppy give birth to any eggs, that very wierd :S and iv had dozens of batches born to my previous tanks.

some times they just get tired lol. or give up for ten mins, np.
congrats x

i have never seen a molly or guppy give birth to any eggs, that very wierd :S and iv had dozens of batches born to my previous tanks.

some times they just get tired lol. or give up for ten mins, np.
congrats x

They usually have a few unfertilized eggs.... this time I think it was all due to the meds...

Back
Top Bottom